Two capitals - 3 days walking tour of St. Petersburg and Moscow
- from 56500 RUB
- 3 days
- from 1 pers.
This tour includes a high-speed Sapsan train ride between cities and back. At your wish it can be replaced by an airplane flight with price adjustment. Each ready made tour you find on our web site is customizable and can be adapted to your interests and needs.
ENTRANCES 1 DAY - 8 hours duration, on foot - St. Petersburg
Your journey will start with a panoramic walking tour covering major sights of St. Petersburg city center (the route will depend on your hotel location). You will walk along the main street - Nevsky Prospect with its historical buildings including Kazan Cathedral, Eliseyev Emporium and walking street Malaya Sadovaya, see Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Saint Michael's Castle, Winter Palace where Hermitage is situated and Palace Square, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Bronze Horseman, Admiralty, Spit of Vasilyevsky (Basil) Island with wonderful view on Neva river, Peter and Paul Fortress, Summer Garden and other great sights.
1. State Hermitage – world-wide famous museum – will astonish you with its interiors and grand scale. The winter residence of the Russian Emperors, one of the biggest museums in the world, with 25 kilometers total halls length, nowadays presents the rich collection of the world masterpieces. Our guides will show you the most interesting and important items from the whole variety of the museum exhibits!
Additional options: permanent exhibition of the Impressionists in General Staff Building.
Visit to one of Treasure Gallery rooms - Gold or Diamond.
2. Saint Isaac's Cathedral - a prominent sample of the Russian cult constructions with unique rich decoration. There are more than 150 art pieces of the middle of the XIX century in its interior. Stained-glass windows, mosaics, sculptures and fine combination of colored stones create the great color scheme, which amazes every visitor of the museum.
Additional option: climb the 300 steps up to the Cathedral's colonnade in summer time.
3. Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood - wonderful, fabulous nine-dome cathedral, which was constructed on the spot of the fatal attempt at the Tsar the Liberator Alexander II. Its interior is a real mosaic museum, which you can look over for hours. This is one of the biggest collections in Europe.
4. Summer Garden - a pearl in the garden necklace of Petersburg, laid out by Peter the Great. It is a place where Summer Palace is situated and a home to marble statues, rare flowers and plants, as well as beautiful fountains which allow to feel the atmosphere of Peter's time.The Neva fencing of the Summer Garden is an architectural masterpiece of universal fame.
ENTRANCES 2 DAY - 8 hours duration, on foot + hydrofoil - St. Petersburg
1. Peter and Paul Fortress – the first architectural monument of St.Petersburg. On its territory the burial place of Romanov tzar family is situated and you will see it in Peter and Paul Cathedral as well as view fortifications, the prison of Trubetskoy Bastion, an unusual monument to Peter the Great and other important places of Russian history.
2. Hydrofoil trip to splendid Peterhof - favorite suburban residence of Peter the Great, a real pearl of Russian Baroque and Empire Style, often called Russian Versailles. Great palace and park ensemble, amazing fountains and golden sculptures, playing in the sun, create absolutely unique combination, which is a must see for every visitor of St. Petersburg. During this excursion you are welcomed to walk through the Lower Park, admire the famous fountains and visit gorgeous Grand Palace.
Important!!! If the hydrofoil trip is cancelled due to the unfavorable weather conditions it is not refunded because we will use our van or taxi instead to get to/from Peterhof.
ENTRANCES 3 DAY - 8 hours duration, on foot + metro tour - Moscow
In the morning (approx. at 7 a.m.) you will take a high-speed Sapsan train and reach Moscow in four hours. Your Moscow guide will meet you at the railway station.
1. Tour of the Kremlin territory, during which you will see: Tsar Cannon, Tsar Bell, Ivan the Great Bell Tower, Cathedral Square, Grand Kremlin Palace and Dormition, Archangel and Annunciation cathedrals.
2. Kremlin Armoury - a treasure-house, where the relics of an incredible beauty and inestimable value are stored, including jewelry, weapons, power attributes, books, clothes. They belonged to the Russian tsars and nobility.
3. Red Square - the heart of Russia and the main square of Moscow with the size of 24750 square meters. Its unique ensemble includes Lenin's Mausoleum, Monument to Minin and Pozharsky, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Historical Museum, Kazan Cathedral, the building of GUM department store.
4. One museum for your choice:
Tretyakov Gallery - the lagest museum of the Russian and Soviet art from ancient icons to avant-garde. Currently, the collection includes Russian painting, graphics, sculpture, samples of arts and crafts from XI till the beginning of XXI centuries. It is more than 130,000 exhibits, ranging from Theotokos of Vladimir and Andrei Rublev's Trinity to the monumental "Composition VII" by Wassily Kandinsky and the "Black Square" by Kazimir Malevich.
OR Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts - the largest museum of European art in Moscow. It has more than 3 000 unique paintings, sculptures and pieces of applied art from ancient times to the present day, including the creations of Rubens, Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Poussin.
After Moscow tour your guide will escort you to the railway station where you will take your Sapsan train back to St. Petersburg.
During the tour you will have enough time for lunch. The guide will recomend you good restaurants and cafes on the way or we can make a preliminary reservation at your wish.
Please note, that the sequence of the tour can be changed because of museum time limits and days-off.
Evening and active options:
- segway tour in St. Petersburg;
- rooftops excursion in St. Petersburg;
- visit to a theatre (opera or ballet);
- evening Russian folk-show;
- night car or walking tour (May-September);
- boat trip (May-September).
Tour price per group
- professional English-speaking guide service for 16 hours in St. Petersburg and 8 hours in Moscow and private excursions in the museums;
- skip the line admission tickets to all museums in the itinerary. In St. Petersburg - Hermitage, Peter and Paul fortress, Church of the Savior on Blood, St.Isaac's cathedral, Summer Garden, Grand Palace and Lower gardens of Peterhof. In Moscow - Kremlin territory and Armoury, Tretyakov Gallery or Pushkin Museum - for your choice.
- hydrofoil trip to Peterhof and back;
- metro rides under the program including metro tour on Day 3;
- parking and car entry fees;
- high-speed Sapsan train tickets St. Petersburg - Moscow and back;
- 24-hour emergency contact.
Any other language besides of English and bigger group size are available upon request.
A vehicle of the required comfort level can be provided for any part of the day upon your request.
A high-speed Sapsan train ride between cities and back can be replaced by an airplane flight with price adjustment.
Benefits are available for kids and students.
The price may differ in the dates of 2018 FIFA World Cup, International Economic Forum, December 31 and January 1.