Two capitals - 5 days car tour of St. Petersburg and Moscow (with Faberge museum and Yusupov Palace)
- from 111950 RUB
- 5 days
- from 1 pers.
This tour includes a high-speed Sapsan train ride between cities and back. At your wish it can be replaced by an airplane flight with price adjustment. Each ready made tour you find on our web site is customizable and can be adapted to your interests and needs.
ENTRANCES 1 DAY - 7 hours duration, by car - St. Petersburg
Your journey will start with a panoramic city tour covering major sights of St. Petersburg: main street - Nevsky Prospect with its historical buildings, Kazan Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Saint Michael's Castle, Winter Palace where Hermitage is situated and Palace Square, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Bronze Horseman, Admiralty, Spit of Vasilyevsky (Basil) Island with wonderful view on Neva river, Peter and Paul Fortress, Summer Garden, Smolny Cathedral and other great sights. You will have driving and photo stops at any needed time to make pictures or a short walk.
1. Peter and Paul Fortress – the first architectural monument of St.Petersburg. On its territory the burial place of Romanov tzar family is situated and you will see it in Peter and Paul Cathedral as well as view fortifications, the prison of Trubetskoy Bastion, an unusual monument to Peter the Great and other important places of Russian history.
2. State Hermitage – world-wide famous museum – will astonish you with its interiors and grand scale. The winter residence of the Russian Emperors, one of the biggest museums in the world, with 25 kilometers total halls length, nowadays presents the rich collection of the world masterpieces. Our guides will show you the most interesting and important items from the whole variety of the museum exhibits!
Additional options: permanent exhibition of the Impressionists in General Staff Building.
Visit to one of Treasure Gallery rooms - Gold or Diamond.
3. Faberge museum - world's largest fabulous collection of works by Carl Faberge including nine Imperial Easter eggs that were made to the order of the last two Romanov Tsars – Alexander III and Nicolas II. The museum also holds many of other items made by Faberge and his contemporaries.
ENTRANCES 2 DAY - 7 hours duration, by car - St. Petersburg
1. Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin) - former summer residence of the Russian monarchs, also known as "the town of muses", because in different periods it was a refuge for the great Russian writers A. S. Pushkin, M. Y. Lermontov, S. A. Esenin. You will walk along the Catherine Park, on the territory of which more than 100 different sculptures, pavilions, bridges, monuments and other constructions are situated. And, of course, you will visit the Catherine Palace, see its marvelous interiors and admire restored famouse Amber room.
2. On the way to Tsarskoye Selo you will visit a Monument to the heroic defenders of Leningrad during the great Patriotic war.
3. Pavlovsk - the last summer royal residence in St. Petersburg suburbs with picturesque Russian classicism style palace and park ensemble. The halls of the palace-museum present rich and diverse collection of porcelain, faience, ceramics and glass. The palace is famous for its collection of art fabrics, which is admitted as one of the most significant. It includes the most various items, from the refined handkerchiefs, sewed round by the finest handmade lace, to monumental tapestry.
Options: at your wish you may visit Peterhof / Kronstadt / Gatchina instead of Tsarskoye Selo and Pushkin.
ENTRANCES 3 DAY - 7 hours duration, by car - St. Petersburg
1. Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood - wonderful, fabulous nine-dome cathedral, which was constructed on the spot of the fatal attempt at the Tsar the Liberator Alexander II. Its interior is a real mosaic museum, which you can look over for hours. This is one of the biggest collections in Europe.
Additional option: a pleasant walk in the Summer Garden with excursion.
2. Saint Isaac's Cathedral - a prominent sample of the Russian cult constructions with unique rich decoration. There are more than 150 art pieces of the middle of the XIX century in its interior. Stained-glass windows, mosaics, sculptures and fine combination of colored stones create the great color scheme, which amazes every visitor of the museum.
Additional option: climb the 300 steps up to the Cathedral's colonnade in summer time.
3. Yusupov Palace - will amaze you with its luxurious interiors and chambers, where many significant events of Russian history occurred. In the 19th century it was the centre of social life in St. Petersburg and hosted emperors and famous artists within its walls. Here in 1916 the murder of Grigory Rasputin took place. Now there works a special exposition in memory of this tragic event: "Grigory Rasputin: pages of life and death". You will visit it with your guide.
4. Vodka museum - the first museum in the world which is entirely dedicated to vodka. You will hear about old culture of brewing, learn some drinking vodka traditions, discover the history of the most iconic brands and surely taste some of them.
ENTRANCES 4 DAY - 8 hours duration, metro + car tour - Moscow
In the morning (approx. at 7 a.m.) you will take a high-speed Sapsan train and reach Moscow in four hours. Your Moscow guide will meet you at the railway station.
1. Metro-tour - you will get from the railway staition to the city center by metro, see its beauty and find out interesting facts about its history from your guide.
2. Tour of the Kremlin territory, during which you will see: Tsar Cannon, Tsar Bell, Ivan the Great Bell Tower, Cathedral Square, Grand Kremlin Palace and Dormition, Archangel and Annunciation cathedrals.
2. Kremlin Armoury - a treasure-house, where the relics of an incredible beauty and inestimable value are stored, including jewelry, weapons, power attributes, books, clothes. They belonged to the Russian tsars and nobility.
3. Red Square - the heart of Russia and the main square of Moscow with the size of 24750 square meters. Its unique ensemble includes Lenin's Mausoleum, Monument to Minin and Pozharsky, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Historical Museum, Kazan Cathedral, the building of GUM department store.
4. Moscow Sightseeing excursion - the tour will continue by car further on. You will see the Sparrow Hills, Poklonnaya Hill, Novodevichy Convent, the Central part of the city, including Lubyanka square, the KGB Building, the White house, Bolshoi Theatre, Pushkinskaya Square.
ENTRANCES 5 DAY - 8 hours duration, by car - Moscow
1. One former royal estate for your choice:
Kolomenskoye - the former prince and tsar residence since at least XIV century with numerous buildings from different periods of Russian history in the park. Some of them are local and some are brought from other parts of the country. For example, a wooden izba (hut) - the house of Peter the Great built of three hundred years old immense logs.
OR Tsaritsyno - is known from the late XVI century, when it belonged to Tsaritsa Irina, sister of Tsar Boris Godunov. Its landscaping began in the end of XVIII century when it was bought by Catherine the Great. Now it is the biggest museum complex in Moscow with beautiful palaces, churches and a picturesque park.
2. One museum for your choice:
Tretyakov Gallery - the lagest museum of the Russian and Soviet art from ancient icons to avant-garde. Currently, the collection includes Russian painting, graphics, sculpture, samples of arts and crafts from XI till the beginning of XXI centuries. It is more than 130,000 exhibits, ranging from Theotokos of Vladimir and Andrei Rublev's Trinity to the monumental "Composition VII" by Wassily Kandinsky and the "Black Square" by Kazimir Malevich.
OR Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts - the largest museum of European art in Moscow. It has more than 3 000 unique paintings, sculptures and pieces of applied art from ancient times to the present day, including the creations of Rubens, Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Poussin.
After Moscow tour your guide will escort you to the railway station where you will take your Sapsan train back to St. Petersburg.
During the tour you will have enough time for lunch. The guide will recomend you good restaurants and cafes on the way or we can make a preliminary reservation at your wish.
Please note, that the sequence of the tour can be changed because of the traffic, museum time limits and days-off.
Evening and active options:
- segway tour in St. Petersburg;
- rooftops excursion in St. Petersburg;
- visit to a theatre (opera or ballet);
- evening Russian folk-show;
- night car or walking tour (May-September);
- boat trip (May-September).
Tour price per group
- professional English-speaking guide service for 21 hours in St. Petersburg and 16 hours in Moscow and private excursions in the museums (excepting Faberge museum);
- comfortable vehicle with A/C and driver service for 21 hours in St. Petersburg and 12 hours in Moscow ;
- skip the line admission tickets to all museums in the itinerary. In St. Petersburg - Hermitage, Peter and Paul fortress, Church of the Savior on Blood, St.Isaac's cathedral, Catherine Palace and park in Tsarskoye Selo, Pavlovsk palace and park, Yusupov Palace and exposition "Grigory Rasputin: pages of life and death", Vodka museum with tasting. In Moscow - Kremlin territory and Armoury, 1 museum for your choice - Tretyakov Gallery or Pushkin Museum and also for your choice - Kolomenskoye former royal estate or Tsaritsino Park;
- guided tour of the Faberge Museum - you will join a small group up to 15 people. If you prefer to have a private Faberge tour, please contact us for more details;
- metro tour on Day 4;
- parking and car entry fees;
- high-speed Sapsan train tickets St. Petersburg - Moscow and back;
- 24-hour emergency contact.
Any other language besides of English and bigger group size are available upon request.
The tour can also be conducted in business and executive class vehicles.
A high-speed Sapsan train ride between cities and back can be replaced by an airplane flight with price adjustment.
Benefits are available for kids and students.
The price may differ in the dates of FIFA Confederations Cup, International Economic Forum, December 31 and January 1.