Menshikov Palace is the residence, which was built for the first Saint-Petersburg governor General Alexander Menshikov . The Palace was built in 1710-1721 by architects G.Fontana and G. Schadel. Menshikov Palace is the first stone building in Saint-Petersburg. The building is the impressive example of Petrine Baroque style. The two-colored vivid facade painting, pilasters with carved capitals make the facade look magnificent. The interior of the palace looks ceremonial as well, for its decoration the most expensive materials were used, which were imported or custom-made by Russian masters. The palace items were picked out from the Hermitage Museum’s collection, which houses the property not only of Russian tsars but also of noble families.