Marble Palace is a department of the Russian Museum complex. Marble Palace was built by the order of the Empress Catherine II for her minion Count G. Orlov in 1768-1785 by architect A. Rinaldy. Subsequently the palace was used as a residence for the noble family. It was called marble because the granite and different kind of marble were used in decoration of the outer fronts and inner interior of the palace. On the first floor there is the memorial museum of Grand Duke Konstantin Romanov - great poet of Silver Age. Also there is a permanent exhibition "The collection of Rzhevsky Brothers" (gift of Rzhevsky Brothers for the State Russian Museum) and "Ludwig Museum in Russian Museum", which encludes the paintings of modern European, Russian and American artists. Collectors Peter and Iren Ludwig gave these paintings to the Russian Museum as a present. This exposition enable to retrace the development of Russian art in terms of world artistic culture.